DIRECTOR OF THE CENTRE OF MOLECULAR AND MACROMOLECULAR STUDIES, POLISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, ANNOUNCES A COMPETITION FOR THE ADJUNCT POSITION IN THE DEPARTMENT OF STRUCTURAL CHEMISTRY.
We are looking for a candidate who will participate in research fields of colloids, gels, self-assembly molecular transporters, biologically active compounds based on heterocyclic derivatives, and new photoactive drug carriers with increased functionality in specific pharmaceutical applications.
1. Research studies and other expectations from the applicant include:
– Scientific research for design of new chemotherapeutics applied in an eukaryotic system (anticancer and antifungal drugs) and new photosensitive drug carriers;
– The development of research topics and a rational design of new compounds with therapeutic effects intended for molecular diagnostics and targeted therapy;
– Interaction of compounds with drug-transporter systems;
– Functions of promoter or auxiliary supervisor in the doctoral dissertation;
– Preparation of grant applications that will provide support funding for the conducted research and apparatus.
2. Candidate profile
– PhD degree in chemistry, physics or related sciences;
– Proven publishing the research results in scientific journals (from Philadelphia list with high IF) in the field of organic, bioorganic or polymer chemistry with preference for achievements similar to the topic of research mentioned in point 1;
– Experience in looking after graduate students;
– Long-term foreign research experience;
– Proven record of writing successful research project proposal.
3. To apply, please share the following application materials with us, in English and in PDF files:
– Application letter
– Curriculum Vitae
– A research statement describing past research and achievements
– List of publications and achievements
– A copy of doctoral or postdoctoral diploma
– Two reference letters from scientists with professor position
4. Required documents must be sent to CMMS PAS, Scientific Secretary office, Sienkiewicza 112, 90-363 Lodz, Poland, with a note on the envelope “Konkurs na adiunkta – DCHS” until 17.08.2020 r.
5. The recruitment will be decided until 31.08.2020 r.
6. During the competition procedure, candidates may be asked to present their results obtained so far in the form of a seminar at CMMS PAS.
7. The selected candidate will be employed in accordance with the provisions of the Polish Labour Law for an indefinite period or definite term.
8. CMMS PAS does not provide accommodation.
For further information, please contact Scientific Secretary office of CMMS PAS, phone: + 48 42 6803232, e-mail: email@example.com or Prof. Marek Potrzebowski, coordinator of Structural Chemistry Division, phone: +48 42 6803 240, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by the Center of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Łódź, NIP: 7240004662, ul. Sienkiewicza 112, 90-363 Łódź for the purposes of the recruitment process.”
DIRECTOR OF CMMS PAS
The controller of your personal data is Centre of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Lodz, NIP: 7240004662 (the “Institute”). The Institute will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with the Institute, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of the Institute (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) – depending on the circumstances. You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing.
Lodz, August 31, 2020
We inform you that as a result of the contest for an ADJUNCT POSITION in the Department of Structural Chemistry will be hired:
PhD DSc Beata Miksa