Announcement on the PhD scholarship in an NCN OPUS Project (No. DEC-2019/33/B/ST4/02807) “Topologically coupled stable diradicals with tunable singlet-triplet gaps for molecular materials”
Position title: a PhD student in OPUS-17, NCN Project
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. Master of Science degree in chemistry or related sciences received in the last 3 years or student of the final year of stationary studies;
2. Status of PhD student at CMMS, PAS in Lodz or to be able to apply to Doctoral School (BioMedChem);
3. Experience in organic chemistry;
4. Knowledge of analytical techniques, such as NMR, UV, IR, MS;
5. Fluent in written and spoken English;
6. Enthusiasm and high motivation for learning new techniques and collaboration with other research groups.
The Postdoctoral scientists will participate in 3 year-long research project focused on synthesis of di- and tri-radicals, characterization of their molecular and electronic structures and understanding intramolecular spin-spin interactions using a wide range of analytical methods and quantum-mechanical computations.
The conditions of employment:
– NCN scholarship: 5000 PLN / month
– The location of project: Centre of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences, – Division of Organic Chemistry, Organic Materials Research Group
– Competition type: NCN OPUS
– The leader of the project: prof. dr hab. inż. Piotr Kaszyński
The deadline for competition: October 30, 2020
The final date of the contest: Applications will be considered during continuous screening in the order in which they were submitted until position will be fulfilled.
1. A cover letter.
2. CV – the list of scientific achievements, including publications, scholarships, awards and scientific experience acquired during previous scholarships, workshops and scientific training, participation in research projects.
3. A copy of the diploma or official document confirming the obtaining of the Master’s degree or formal letter confirming the status of student of the final year of graduate studies in chemistry or related sciences.
4. At least one letter of recommendation from the previous supervisor.
Applications send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with CC to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org; with the required documents attached in the PDF format.
Additional information is provided by Dr. Agnieszka Bodzioch tel. (42) 680 32 43 , e-mail: email@example.com.
Please include in your offer: “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by the Center of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Łódź, NIP: 7240004662, ul. Sienkiewicza 112, 90-363 Łódź for the purposes of the recruitment process.”
The controller of your personal data is Centre of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Lodz, NIP: 7240004662 (the “Institute”). The Institute will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with the Institute, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of the Institute (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) – depending on the circumstances. You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing.
Lodz, 01 September, 2020
We inform you that as a result of the contest on the position – PhD scholarship in the NCN OPUS17 Project will be hired:
Msc Patrycja Szamweber