Announcement on the PhD scholarship in an NCN SONATA BIS 8 Project (UMO-2018/30/E/ST8/00364) “Understanding of the role of the amorphous phase in selected properties of crystallizing polymers”
Position title: a PhD student
Applicant has to meet the following requirements:
1. Master of Science degree in physics, chemistry or related sciences received in the last 5 years or student of the final year of stationary studies;
2. Status of PhD student or to be able to apply to Doctoral School in Lodz;
3. The experience within physicochemistry of semicrystalline polymers will be preferred.
4. Knowledge of analytical techniques, such as DMTA, DSC, SEM, WAXS, SAXS;
5. Very good written and spoken English;
6. Motivation for scientific work, creativity.
1. Physical and chemical modification of polymers;
2. Analysis of provided polymeric materials, their structure and properties with the use of different experimental techniques (DMTA, DSC, TGA, SEM, EDS, WAXS, SAXS, FTIR, mechanical and rheological measurements);
3. Searching of correlations between the properties and structure of analyzed materials;
4. Participation in national/international scientific conferences;
5. Participation in writing and editing scientific papers.
The conditions of employment:
NCN scholarship: 3500 PLN / month for 36 months.
The location of project: Centre of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences, Polymer Division
Competition type: SONATA BIS 8 – ST8
The leader of the project: dr. hab. Artur Różański
The deadline for submitting offers is July 28, 2020 (23:59)
The final date of the contest: July 31, 2020
The date of starting the scholarship: October 15, 2020
1. A cover letter with contact details and brief justification of willingness to participate in the project relating to the requirements.
2. CV – the list of scientific achievements, including publications, scholarships, awards and scientific experience acquired during previous scholarships, workshops and scientific training, participation in research projects.
3. A copy of the diploma or official document confirming the obtaining of the Master’s degree or formal letter confirming the status of student of the final year of graduate studies in physics, chemistry or related sciences.
4. At least one letter of recommendation from the previous supervisor.
Additional information is provided by dr. hab. Artur Różański tel. (42) 6803 228, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in your offer: “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by the Center of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Łódź, NIP: 7240004662, ul. Sienkiewicza 112, 90-363 Łódź for the purposes of the recruitment process.”
The controller of your personal data is Centre of Molecular and Macromolecular Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Lodz, NIP: 7240004662 (the “Institute”). The Institute will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with the Institute, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of the Institute (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) – depending on the circumstances. You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing.
Lodz, 29 July, 2020
We inform you that as a result of the contest on the position – PhD scholarship in an NCN SONATA BIS 8 Project will be hired: